please help! direction indicator, mileage gauge and choke problems

Guest chang

Hi all,

My 30 years old mini recently got some problems. The major problem is direction indicator not working. Front and rear lights and also indication light on panel are not flashing at all. But hazard warning light is working, so I think the cause should go to switch or relay. Anybody can tell me how to check and where are indicator switch and relay?

2nd problem is the mileage gauge on instrument panel is stopped at 90000km! Only meter gauge is working, but it always stayed at 90000km. What's happening?

3rd one is the choke seems not working properly. If I pull choke out a little bit, it works file but you know you have to start engine few times to start it up. If I pull all choke cable out, and it won't return back to the original status and the slow will turn to be not "slow" at all!! Do I need to change a new choke cable to fix it?

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Best,

Sam

1st you might want to check indicator reley, should be on the fire panel on the left hand side, connected with two wires.

2nd mileage gauge is probably stuck, good cleaning might do the trick.

3rd sounds like dodgy cable.

I am prety sure there is a bad hazard warning switch which can be checked by pressing hazard switch on several times on and then pressing tightly to off position. I mean tightly, by thum, on the upper part of switch. After that the direction flasher may work again.

I am pretty sure there is a bad hazard warning switch which can be checked by pressing hazard switch on several times on and then pressing tightly to off position. I mean tightly, by thumb, on the upper part of switch. After that the direction flasher may work again.

P.S. Some corrections due to old keyboard.. :)

Sam, please tell if that did not worked. With new hazard switch indicators will work again, i think.

• Luo uusi...