5x12" vanteet miniin

Guest tvannin

Tällaista keskustelua käytiin Vancouver Mini clubin keskustelupalstalla kyseisestä aiheesta.

Enpä tiedä onko siitä lohtua mutta kopioin sen kuitenkin

Rubbing Wheels on Arches !!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

probably said something about this before but my wheels rub on the arches when i turn some corners and I was wondering if new arches would solve the problem ?

I was thinking of getting some any way so would it solve the problem ??????

Thanks

Craig

alextgreen

happy now?!

(6/16/01 10:12:56 pm)

Re: Rubbing Wheels on Arches !!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What size wheels and tyres on what car?

Callananc

certified mini nut

(6/17/01 11:43:20 am)

Reply Re: Rubbing Wheels on Arches !!!!

5 x 12" Superlites on Mini Studio 2

Yellow Mini

certified mini nut

(6/17/01 3:42:23 pm)

Re: Rubbing Wheels on Arches !!!!

Mine do too,

ive been told the only option is to cut the arches

If anyone knows i wanna know too

they failed my MOT for it

gazza h

uncertified mini nut

(6/18/01 4:50:12 pm)

Reply rubbige!!

It is the case of rubbing arches fails the mot. As for the wheels you have on your cars I wouldnt have thort they would rub arches as they are probably to narow. Do you have those black Spat thingies?? If so I can only imagine your suspension is to low, either saggy cones or you lowered it?? Either way it needs to be remodied. If lowered adjust it up for mot and lower it again after. As me and me mates say, if its doesnt rub it aint low enuff!!!!!!! Haha

Otherwise new cones i suppose. Although there are a whole host of other possibilities.

alextgreen

happy now?!

(6/18/01 7:41:29 pm)

Re: rubbige!!

what profile tyres? I run 5x12 minilites on 145 profile no worries, not the best for handling, but nowhere near the edges of the arches. Your'e supposed to eb able to run 5x12s on '86 on cars so I don't know why yours rub, does it hit the arch or the extension?

ChrisDrivesMinis

certified mini nut

(6/19/01 8:27:02 am)

Reply STOP PRESS

I have just had this rectifieed. I put 5*12 superlites on my baby, 1995 sprite.

They rubbed on the right hand wheel under cornering.

Resolution, get some new knuckle cups. They get worn and reduce travel by up to an inch. It isnt the plastic bits that are the issue, if you look closer you will see that the metal is getting rubbed too. You can also have high los fitted.

If i were you I would get the suspension fixed if it is bolloxed. See if you can get a hand into the wheel arch above the wheel. see if both sides are the same height. Etc etc. Now I have had mine fixed there is no need to cut the arches.

PS when you get new cups fitted, get some spacers put on the shocks or get the shocks replaced. The labour time to replace the cups is quite hight so take it all in one hit as they will have the sus assy off anyway!!!!!! Take it from me!!!!!!!

• 2 viikkoa myöhemmin...
  • 2 viikkoa myöhemmin...
  • 2 kuukautta myöhemmin...
  • Luo uusi...